Nuneaton and Bedworth Sports Council began in the summer of 1974 with the amalgamation of the Nuneaton Council and Bedworth Urban District Council. It was renamed Nuneaton and Bedworth Sports Forum in 1996 and has continued to further support interest in sport since it began, having been a central contact point for local sport and active recreation clubs wishing to increase participation and development. It is financially supported by an annual grant from Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council.
“TO ASSIST THE INCREASE IN THE NUMBERS OF PEOPLE TAKING PART IN SPORT AND ACTIVE RECREATION AND ASSIST IN THE CREATION AND SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT OF SPORTING PATHWAYS.”
“PROMOTE INTEREST AND PARTICIPATION IN SPORT AND ACTIVE RECREATION FOR EVERYONE IN THE BOROUGH OF NUNEATON AND BEDWORTH”.
In order to focus the objectives of NBSF membership to Nuneaton and Bedworth, the Sports Forum should only be available to Voluntary Clubs who are affiliated to their own governing body.
The objectives ensure that NBSF and its officers achieve its Mission Statement.
1. Liaison with and between Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, Sports Clubs and Organisations within the Borough.
2. Work in partnership with Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, County Sports Partnership and other statuary and voluntary agencies to reflect and implement national and local strategies.
3. Promote Sport and Active Recreation within the Borough.
4. Improve communication between sports clubs/organisations within the Borough and between clubs/organisations and ‘official’ bodies such as Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, Governing Bodies and County Sports Partnerships.
5. Ongoing review of the way NBSF distributes grant funding. Administer and monitor Borough Council grants to Sports Clubs, providing an annual report on actions achieved.
The Role of Nuneaton and Bedworth Sports Forum
1. The Annual Sports Personality awards featuring Scholarship awards to the under 18’s, and 11 Sports personality awards. The Junior Sports Personality award, the Junior Volunteer award, the Junior Local Achiever, the Junior Team award, the Junior Coach award, the Volunteer of the Year award and the Para award, the Services to Sport award, the Senior Sports Personality award, the Senior Team award, the Long Service award and the Janet Stubbs award.
2. The Annual programme of grants and funding opportunities are currently available by application for member Clubs with headquarters in the Borough of Nuneaton and Bedworth and developing athletes living in the Borough of Nuneaton and Bedworth.
• The Annual grants programme will be limited to small supportive grants to NBSF members.
• All grants must support a sustainable and ongoing project and not to be supporting one-off funding schemes.
• All applications for membership to NBSF must be supported by the Club Constitution and confirmation of affiliation to the governing body plus proof of a Club bank account i.e. a bank statement. The Club should also confirm all their officers are unpaid volunteers.
• The Club Start up application must also be supported by information regarding the setting up costs to the Club.
A wide range of means exist for local sporting groups to obtain practical financial support from the Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council, these are operated in partnership with the Nuneaton and Bedworth Sports Forum (NBSF).
A full list of the grant programs available is given below:
1. Club Start Up Grant
2. Personal Sporting Development Grant
3. Club Development Grant
4. Trophy Grant
In order to ensure that your application has the best chance of being successful please read the instructions very carefully prior to completing the appropriate application form.
Each grant programme has slightly different objectives and due to this the application process and criteria differ however NBSF aims to make applying for a grant as simple as possible and additional assistance is available from Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council.